Do I Need Gum Disease Therapy?
Gum disease can impact your dental health in many ways. When you have gum disease, excessive bacteria in your mouth can cause problems like bad breath, increased risk of dental infection and more. Gum disease therapy may be able to help. See your dentist in Rancho Mirage, CA to find out if you need this type of treatment to improve your oral hygiene and return your mouth to full health.
Signs of Gum Disease
Know the symptoms of gum disease and seek help from a dentist if you see the signs. Symptoms include:
- Swollen gums
- Gums bleed easily, especially after brushing
- Red or purple-ish gums
- Gums feel tender
- Bad breath (halitosis)
- Loose teeth
- Gum recession
- Teeth have shifted in the gum, with larger spaces between the teeth than there used to be
What Your Dentist Can Do
If you’re suffering from gum disease, there are a variety of things your dental professional can do to stop the progression of this problem. At Cros Dental, we provide a variety of services to patients, including:
- Gum grafting to stop gum recession
- Periodontal laser treatment to remove diseased gum tissue
- Periodontal plastic surgery to restore and reshape gum tissues
- Deep cleaning below the gumline (called scaling and root planing)
- Dental implants to replace missing or diseased teeth
What You Can Do
Prevention is always best! One of the ways to help prevent gum disease is by maintaining good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth twice each day and see the dentist two times per year. Floss daily!
If you’re suffering from gum disease, get help as soon as possible. This condition only grows worse if not properly treated, and can lead to bigger oral health challenges over time. At Cros Dental, we provide gum disease therapy in Rancho Mirage, CA. Call today to make an appointment.