Pediatric Dental Offices Near Me
The Rancho Mirage dental team at Cros Dental follow the recommendations set by The American Academy of Pediatry Dentistry stating that the first dentist visit should be scheduled no later than by age one. Parents are encouraged to book an appointment when the first tooth erupts. No later than six months after.
Pediatric Dental Care
At your child’s dentist visit, we will answer any questions regarding your child’s dental health, and provide important patient education. In the meantime, here are some simple points to remember:
- Only put a child to bed with water, add juice or water to the bottle. This can lead to severe tooth decay.
- Use of a pacifier should end by age 3.
- Oral habits like thumb sucking should stop by age 6 before permanent teeth erupt
- Kids should be brushing their teeth twice a day under a parent’s supervision
- Avoid giving your child sugary or sticky snacks. Stick with fruits, vegetables, yogurt or cheese.
- Fruit drinks and juices contain a lot of sugar, and consumption should be limited. Water and milk are better options.
Pediatric Dental Care in Rancho Mirage, CA
Your child’s baby teeth are intended to serve them well for at least the first six years of life. They are essential for chewing, biting and speaking. In addition, primary teeth are placeholders for permanent teeth. At about 12 years of age, your child should have a mix of healthy primary and permanent teeth. With proper oral care, the baby teeth will fall out naturally, and the adult teeth will remain strong for life.