Teeth are meant to last a lifetime. With proper oral hygiene habits and regular dentist visits, chances are, you will keep your natural smile in good working order for the long-term. Safeguarding your oral health also means protecting your gums and underlying jaw bone. Gum disease is a serious infection that affects these supportive tissues. When a dental professional discovers signs of trouble, gum disease therapy in Rancho Mirage may be suggested.
Periodontal in Rancho Mirage, CA
There are several types of periodontal therapy, but the goal of all is to restore health to diseased tissues. Gum disease can spread easily from the soft tissue to the supporting bone and may lead to tooth and bone loss. Fortunately, our periodontist in Palm Desert, CA offers periodontal therapy to combat the effects of the infection. Effective treatments include scaling, root planing, and periodontal surgery.
Advanced Periodontics & Implant Dentistry
Gum disease therapy in Rancho Mirage includes both periodontal surgery and non-surgical techniques to restore gum and bone health and prevent tooth loss. Periodontal treatment solutions include:
- Scaling and Root Planing: Deep cleaning above and below the gum line
- Gum Grafting. To cover and protect exposed roots after gum recession.
- Periodontal Plastic Surgery: Reshaping of gum tissues.
- Periodontal Laser Treatment: Removal of the diseased tissue with a laser.
- Crown Lengthening Surgery: To improve the appearance of a gummy smile by making the teeth look longer.
- Dental Implants. A popular tooth replacement salutation that involves a titanium dental implant that is surgically inserted into the jawbone. The prosthetic root is attached to a dental crown.
Periodontist in Palm Desert, CA
Plaque and bacteria are the main cause of gum disease, so it is important to remove it every day by brushing and flossing with the proper techniques. Use a gentle hand, no aggressive brushing, which can lead to gum recession. Because there are always areas that your toothbrush and floss miss, regular dentist visits are a crucial part of good dental care. During routine exams, your dentist will check for signs of gum disease and diagnose and treat problems early.