Dental Services in Rancho Mirage, CA
Regular dental visits are essential to make sure oral health problems, from tooth decay to oral cancer, are detected and treated in a timely manner. At our Rancho Mirage dental office, your oral health is our paramount concern. We want to make sure your teeth stay healthy, function well and look great! From regular cleanings and exams to advanced restorative treatments, all of your routine dental needs can be met right here. Please send Cros Dental a message through our contact form or by calling 760-444-3202 for more immediate information.
Services We Offer:
- Bonding, to repair small chips or cracks
- Crowns and Bridges, to replace large amounts of lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth
- Dental Implants, for the longest-lasting tooth replacement available today
- Fillings, to make your teeth strong and healthy again
- Oral Cancer Screenings, to detect disease at a curable stage
- Orthodontic Treatment, to move teeth into the right position
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease Therapy, to prevent tooth loss
- Removable Dentures, to help you smile again
- Root Canal Therapy, to save an infected tooth
- Sealants, to protect children's teeth from decay
- Sedation Dentistry, to relieve anxiety and alleviate pain.
- Teeth Cleaning, to maintain good oral health
- Teeth Whitening, to brighten a faded or discolored smile
- TMJ/TMD Treatment, for chronic jaw pain
- Tooth Extractions, when a tooth is hopelessly damaged or decayed
- Veneers, for repairing larger chips and cracks, and reshaping teeth
If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants offer the comfort and security of a permanent replacement that looks and functions just like your natural teeth. Dental implants also help preserve the tooth-supporting bone in your jaw that deteriorates when even one tooth is lost.
- About Dental Implants
- Are You A Candidate For Dental Implants?
- Bone Grafting for Dental Implants
- Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Implants
- Hidden Consequences of Losing Teeth
- Top Reasons to Choose Dental Implants
Emergency Dental Treatment
If you have a life-threatening or severe injury, call 911 or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room. We can treat a variety of traumatic dental injuries, including teeth that have been chipped, moved, or knocked out entirely. Please call our dental office for assistance. We provide emergency dental care for residents in Rancho Mirage, Cathedral City, Indian Wells, Palm Desert, and other nearby locations.
While most all dental emergencies are avoidable, they do unfortunately occur. During business hours, your call will be promptly answered by a staff member, and every effort will be made to address your emergency on the same day. During non-business hours, Dr. Cros is generally reachable for your dental emergencies. Simply call the office and follow the instructions on the answering machine. Your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Drs. Ray and Sheri Cros and the staff at Cros Dental love to treat children! Our office is kid-friendly, and our treatment operatories are non-threatening. TV’s are available for viewing while children are being examined, if desired. We also offer Nitrous Oxide, also known as Laughing Gas, for anxious patients. We strongly believe in preventative dental care, especially when it comes to children, so we may recommend placement of sealants( a thin plastic coating) to provide extra protection for the grooved and pitted areas of adult molars for the purpose of preventing dental caries (cavities). We strive to make their dental experience a pleasant one at Cros Dental!
At Cros Dental, we agree with The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, which recommends that the first dental visit be scheduled within six months after the first baby teeth come in and no later than 12 months of age. It is extremely important to diagnose and prevent early decay, in addition to establishing good habits and introducing your child to regular dental visits at a young age.
At your child’s visit, we will be able to answer many of your questions regarding your child’s dental health, but here are some simple points to remember:
- Never put your child to bed with a bottle of milk or juice. This can lead to severe decay.
- Pacifier use should stop by three years of age.
- Thumb or finger sucking should be stopped before the permanent teeth erupt, usually around age 6.
- Children should brush at least twice per day under parental supervision.
- Sweet and sticky snacks should be avoided. Fruits and vegetables, cheese and yogurt are preferred snack options.
- Juices contain large amounts of sugar, and should be limited. Milk or water are good alternatives.
Proper infection control and universal precautions benefit and protect patients and the dental team. Cros Dental follows the guidelines recommended by several federal agencies, including: the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
These guidelines include:
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Use of disposable materials
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Use of gloves, face masks, and safety glasses
- Use of disinfectant hand soap
We sterilize all non-disposable equipment, including dental handpieces. We use an autoclave, a device which kills bacteria and viruses with steam, heat, and pressure. We routinely monitor the effectiveness of this device with tests sent to an independent laboratory. CrosDental is committed to assuring your health and safety. We will provide you with any additional information you desire regarding our infection control and sterilization procedures. The more comfortable you feel, the better prepared you will be to make wise decisions about your health care. If you have any questions regarding our infection control procedures, please contact our Rancho Mirage dental office by contact form or by phone at 760-444-3202.